French Macaroon - Updated

This lovely French macaroon is light, crunchy when you bite it, then melt in your mouth.
I often see gorgeous pictures of macaroon in the internet. The petite dessert is cute to look at. You can find it in every color of the rainbow and the flavors.....?! So many choices to choose from. French macaroon is not something that you can find easily in Malaysia, some places sell it but for RM2.50 each? I guess that's why French macaroon is becoming popular with the home bakers in Malaysia. I've been eying the cute macaroon (although some argue that it should be spell macaron, I beg to differ because I got a recipe book of cake, desserts, pastries and it spelled macaroon not macaron.) for a while now, finally I decide to bake it last night.


You can see the result in the picture. Although I have to admit that I didn't make the filling because I'm just curious of how the pastry taste :). The ingredients consist of almond flour, sugar and egg whites. The texture is crunchy and then chewy. The taste is too sweet for my  liking but maybe some people might say that without the filling, of course it tasted too sweet. Despite the overly sweetness, I can't stop picking it from the baking sheet and drop it in my mouth. I really like the crunchiness :)

So anyway, maybe I'll make French macaroon again with the filling and make a promotion for you guys. Then, you can order online ;p

Still haven't had the time or desire to perfect my macaroon order. Should I? Had a few people asking about them. Anyway, I'm sorry to let you know that I'm not taking order for macaroon anytime soon. Thanks for asking though :)